04. Apr, 2019
Calling all Division Agents, hitting the PlayStation 4 tomorrow is brand new, post-launch content for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. “Invasion Battle for D.C.” will bring about a LOT of content including the new Tidal Basin stronghold, World Tier 5 advancement and the ability to obtain gear scores up to 500. Also coming with this release are two new exotic weapons as well three brand new gear sets that you can checkout in the infographic below.
As if that wasn’t enough, Operation Dark Hours will introduce players to some of the toughest content yet with an eight player raid mode releasing on April 25, 2019 and then with a new specialization being released at a later date. So what do you think? Does Ubisoft know how to provide the right amount of content at the right time for thirsty players? Send in your thoughts to Dave, Mike & Josh on the podcast using the hashtag #AskPSNation on Facebook and Twitter.
Checkout the trailer here.
Read the press release below.
As part of the endgame and post-launch first philosophy of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2,”Invasion: Battle for D.C.” brings new challenges and content:
- Players face a new challenge in encountering Tidal Basin, a new stronghold held by the Black Tusk Faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they’re not going down easy.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450-500.
- “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city. These activities are harder to complete but more rewarding in loot and gear.
- Players can now enjoy two new exotic weapons Pestilence and Nemesis as well as three new gear sets: True Patriot, Hardwired and Ongoing Directive.
- As part of the update, all players will also have access a new PVP map called Fort McNair
- The Invasion Apparel Event, live April 5-25, will allow agents to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions, as well as new masks and weapon skins. During this period, Event Keys can be earned by direct purchase using premium credits, or from playing the game – through field experience after reaching level 30 and through Dark Zone experience. After the event ends on April 25, players can still use their leftover keys to open caches as well as purchase additional ones to complete apparel sets until May 2, but will no longer earn keys through the game.
- Operation Dark Hours is the toughest of all challenges: an 8- player raid that will test the teamwork of the most experienced agents, coming April 25th.
- Coming in a later update, Agents will have the chance to unlock a brand new Specialization.
While “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” is the first batch of free content brought to players as part of the Year 1 post launch updates, Agents can look forward to the following content later this year:
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way
- Episode 2, Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Fall 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon to unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come