CRYENGINE 5.6.4 is out now, with fixes across the engine
CRYENGINE 5.6.4 is available now from www.CRYENGINE.com and the CRYENGINE Launcher. This release is our fourth hotfix since we launched CRYENGINE 5.6 and has been created in response to your feedback and as part of our commitment to continually improve the engine. Please keep your feedback coming on the dedicated forum feedback thread to help us make CRYENGINE better.
Key improvements in CRYENGINE 5.6.4 include:
- Tweaked: Updated to SDL2_mixer-2.0.4 and with that added support for a myriad of additional formats.
- Fixed: External project generation with engine source downloads SDKs.
- Fixed: Crash that was being caused when changing an objects layer when this object had one or multiple child link objects.
- Fixed: Unable to import 8k textures.
- Tweaked: Updated to FMOD Studio 2.00.05.
- Tweaked: Updated to Oculus spatializer 1.41.0.
Inevitably, shipping a build the size of CRYENGINE 5.6 means that some issues, errors, and bugs only appear once the engine is in your hands. This update fixes more bugs, but please keep your feedback and suggestions coming on the dedicated forum feedback thread so that we can address them in due course. If you find a bug in the engine, please report it directly on GitHub, which helps us to process the issue quickly and efficiently.
Want to work on CRYENGINE? At Crytek, we value diversity and actively encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels to apply to our open positions, so join us over at LinkedIn and check out our careers page.